Stephen F Austin Athletic Booster Club | Scholarship Committee
The Stephen F Austin Athletic Booster Club would like to recognize its seniors that exhibit tremendous leadership in school sports and activities as well as community service within our own community. The Scholarship Committee is looking for students who demonstrate these leadership qualities and service to AHS and the AHS community. Per our bylaws, a minimum of four (4) scholarships in the amount of $500 will be awarded each year thanks to the very generous support of Stephen F Austin Athletic Club Booster Club members.
Students are eligible to apply for this scholarship if you are a Stephen F Austin High School SENIOR in good standing with the school and a member of an Austin High School athletic team (baseball, basketball, cheerleading, cross country, diving, football, golf, tennis, track, soccer, swimming, softball, training or volleyball).
*CALLING ALL 2017 SENIOR ATHLETES*
Senior Class of 2017
The Austin Athletic Booster Club invites all graduating senior athletes to apply for one of the following seven scholarships which will be awarded and presented at the Spring Sports Banquet in May of 2017.
- Two (2) $1,000 scholarships to be awarded to the top one (1) male and top one (1) female who apply.
- One (1) $1,000 scholarship to be awarded to the next best overall student who applies.
- Four (4) $500 scholarships to be awarded to the next best four (4) overall students who apply.
CHARLES RANSOME ATHLETIC SCHOLARSHIP (Total of $3,000)
- Three (3) $1,000 Scholarships
CORPORATE SCHOLARSHIPS (Total of 4 scholarships for a total of $2,000)
- GP CUSTOM WORKS ($500)
- MARLIN COMMERCIAL CONTRACTORS, INC. ($500)
- MIKE TATE’S “99” TIRE & AUTO ($500)
- RAISING CANE’S ($500)
- All applications must be complete. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
- Students must have participated in an AHS Bulldog sport this past school calendar year.
- Students must plan to attend an accredited higher level of education.
- Student/family must be members of the AHS Athletic Booster Club by March 31, 2017.
- Student must have a 2.5 GPA.
APPLICATION PROCESS BEGINS on Monday, MARCH 20th.
You may obtain an application in one of the following ways:
- Applications available for pickup from Ms. Weers in main office.
- Applications available for download at AUSTINBOOSTERCLUB.COM/SCHOLARHIP
- Applications available from email sent to all active booster club parents the week of March 20th.
NOTE: Scholarship review panel members do not have ties to AHS to ensure a fair and unbiased review process.
Deadline for submission of application, essay, and recommendations to the AHS Booster Club is Monday, April 17th.
Deliver all items to Ms. Weers at the front office by 2pm.
Questions? Please email Mary Runyon-Hughes at [email protected].