The Stephen F Austin Athletic Booster Club would like to recognize its seniors that exhibit tremendous leadership in school sports and activities as well as community service within our own community. The Scholarship Committee is looking for students who demonstrate these leadership qualities and service to AHS and the AHS community. Per our bylaws, a minimum of four (4) scholarships in the amount of $500 will be awarded each year thanks to the very generous support of Stephen F Austin Athletic Club Booster Club members.
Students are eligible to apply for this scholarship if you are a Stephen F Austin High School SENIOR in good standing with the school and a member of an Austin High School athletic team (baseball, basketball, cheerleading, cross country, diving, football, golf, tennis, track, soccer, swimming, softball, training or volleyball) as well as a member of the SFAABC Booster Club.
APPLICATIONS DUE 5/13/2022
Must be a Booster Club Member by 5/13/2022
See directions on application – NO EXCEPTIONS!
*CALLING ALL 2022 SENIOR ATHLETES*
Senior Class of 2022
The Austin Athletic Booster Club invites all graduating senior athletes to apply for one of the following 3 scholarships which will be awarded and presented at the Spring Sports Banquet.
**NOTE: Due to postponement of the SFAABC Bingo Night & Dinner Fundraiser (the ONLY fundraiser for the Club) and Membership being LOW across 2019-2022, changes in numbers of scholarships may need to be enacted! **
- Two (2) $1,000 scholarships to be awarded to the top one (1) male and top one (1) female who apply.
- One (1) $1,000 scholarship to be awarded to the next best overall student who applies.
Stephen F. Austin High School Athletic Booster Club
2021-2022 Athletic Scholarship Application
Guidelines and Instructions
Following directions are essential to the grading process. If you don’t follow the rules, expect deductions.
1. Complete the following application and bring all components in a sealed 9X12 envelope to Ms. Sara Weers in the main office no later than 2pm on Friday, May 13, 2022. See below.
2. Scan and email a copy of your application, essay, and college acceptance letters in PDF format to a[email protected] by 2pm on Friday, May 13, 2022 See below.
3. Make a copy for your files.
NO APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED LATE – NO EXCEPTIONS!
• Do not include your name on anything, except for the front page of the application. Use your student ID on all other pages.
• Please use separate page if spaces provided on the application are not enough.
• Do NOT attach a resume.
• Your coach/teacher recommendation must be in a sealed envelope by them with your name. Please provide coach/teacher with envelope when handing them the recommendation page.
• Applications are based on positive influence in sport, good standing with school, moral character, and college education
Seal all pieces in a 9×12 envelope with AHS Athletic Scholarship and your name on the outside. Inside contents should include the following:
3. College Acceptance Letters
4. Envelope with Teacher/Coach Recommendation
Email the following in PDF format to [email protected].
3. College Acceptance Letters
Any questions, please contact Dejaune Phillips at 713-503-2807 or email at [email protected]