Stephen F Austin Athletic Booster Club | Scholarship Committee
The Stephen F Austin Athletic Booster Club would like to recognize its seniors that exhibit tremendous leadership in school sports and activities as well as community service within our own community. The Scholarship Committee is looking for students who demonstrate these leadership qualities and service to AHS and the AHS community. Per our bylaws, a minimum of four (4) scholarships in the amount of $500 will be awarded each year thanks to the very generous support of Stephen F Austin Athletic Club Booster Club members.
Students are eligible to apply for this scholarship if you are a Stephen F Austin High School SENIOR in good standing with the school and a member of an Austin High School athletic team (baseball, basketball, cheerleading, cross country, diving, football, golf, tennis, track, soccer, swimming, softball, training or volleyball) as well as a member of the SFAABC Booster Club.
SFA ATHLETIC BOOSTER CLUB
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION >> CLICK HERE FOR APPLICATION
APPLICATIONS DUE 5/5/2020
Must be a Booster Club Member by 3/30/2020
See directions on app – NO EXCEPTIONS!
*CALLING ALL 2020 SENIOR ATHLETES*
Senior Class of 2020
The Austin Athletic Booster Club invites all graduating senior athletes to apply for one of the following seven scholarships which will be awarded and presented at the Spring Sports Banquet.
**NOTE: Due to postponement of the SFAABC Bingo Night & Dinner Fundraiser (the ONLY fundraiser for the Club) and Membership being LOW across 2019 & 2020, changes in numbers of scholarships may need to be enacted! **
- Two (2) $1,000 scholarships to be awarded to the top one (1) male and top one (1) female who apply.
- One (1) $1,000 scholarship to be awarded to the next best overall student who applies.
CHARLES RANSOME ATHLETIC SCHOLARSHIP (Total of $3,000)
- THREE (3) $1,000 Scholarship
CORPORATE SCHOLARSHIPS (pending due to COVID-19 and underwriter participation
- Marlin Commercial Contractors, Inc ($500)
- Raising Canes ($500)
- Mike Tate’s 99 Tire & Automotive ($500)
- College Acceptance Letters
- Scan and email a copy of your application, essay, and college acceptance letters in PDF format to [email protected] by deadline.
- Make a copy for your files.
NO APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED LATE
- Do not include your name on anything, except for the front page of the application. Use your student ID on all other pages.
- Please use separate page if spaces provided on the application are not enough.
- Do NOT attach a resume.
- Please provide coach/teacher with Mrs. Runyon-Hughes’ email address along with yours. Recommendations must be emailed directly to Mrs. Hughes by teacher/coach.
- Applications are based on positive influence in sport, good standing with school, moral character, and college education goals.
FOLLOW DIRECTIONS ON PRE-APPLICATION LETTER.
New 2020: Due to COVID-19 restraints, all parts must be emailed to VP of Scholarships, [email protected]
Inside contents should include the following:
- Application (pdf)
- Essay (pdf)
- College Acceptance Letters (pdf)
- Email with Teacher/Coach Recommendation (emailed per instructions, directly to VP of Scholarships)
Email the following in PDF format to:
- VP of Scholarships: Mary Runyon-Hughes ([email protected])
- President: Melanie Ledbetter-Remy ([email protected]) or ([email protected])